NOD32 Personal Testimonial

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mack Jones, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

I don't want to troll or flood this forum, but simply add my humble testimonial:

Back in july 2003, I just bought my first licence of NOD32. Incredible speed, impressive heuristic...you know that better than me.
    One year after, I said "what not trying other AV before renewing my licence".
    DrWeb was good, KAV was great but none has the speed and the low-impact on resource of NOD32.
    I just decided to renew it.

Yes, NOD won't detect all viruses, none can do that BTW.
    but I'm practicing sex hex, not detecting laboratory virii is not a problem for me.
    To my eyes, NOD32 is a master piece, effective (AH in IMON) and fast (AMON is not bloated), definitely a must-have.

And best of all, the price: 39 little $ for that. ;)

REALLY satisfied.
    Kudos to Eset and to this board for your precious help !
    Regards,

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There is no such thing as zoo or laboratory virii :p ;)

3. Mack Jones

You spoke right.
    But I'm not sure you'll meet them...unless you're friendly with the dark side of the Internet :) .
    I presume avoiding P2P or some sites will take me away from some nasty unknown viruses.
    Cheers,

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually its really hard to get viruses if you don't use e-mail.
    I'm using GMail and i haven't got a single Zafi.D after major outbreak few days ago.
    I was also very impressed by NOD32 speed and heuristics.

6. Mack Jones

Thank you my friend ;)

I also agree with RejZoR, email is the first cause of infection.
    And after reading this page, http://virusscan.jotti.dhs.org/ , I can conclude that in some cases, KAV (the one with the largest bases) is unable to detect some threats, and NOD32 does thanks to its heuristic.
    That impressed me, that's why I choose Eset.
    Remember what happened with MyDoom variants. ;)

EDIT: just a little question: where can I find the virusscan.jotti.dhs.org statistics ? I mean detection rate by scanner.
    Cheers,

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  7. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I don't use full-time AV protection. The only active component is the automatic email scanner module for Outlook Express. There is NO performance hit on my system with this configuration, except when I launch OE.

It doesn't take much effort to manually scan unknown floppies, CDs, and DVDs.

This setup may not be optimal if you must share your PC with others, who may not practice safe computing. If you have spouse/kids in the family, then you should set up an additional primary C partition for them to use. If they screw up the partition, then you can wipe it clean in 5 minutes by reloading the good image file. This will force them to practice safe computing if they don't want to lose all data after an infection.

8. Mack Jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.