NOD32 on Win98

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sandhya, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandhya

sandhya Registered Member

I bought NOD32 after my friends told me that it is better than other AVs. But I am not abl to install it on my computer as it gives a blue screen on restrart and hangs. I have a P4 machine with 256 MB Ram running Win98.

I had Norton corporate version installed on the same earlier and uninstalled it before installing NOD32.

I even reformated the machine and reinstalled Win98. Still the problem persists. Is NOD32 compatable with Win98 ?

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

3. sandhya

Yes, the version of the NOD32 is proper.

4. Brian N

5. sandhya

Does this uninstall Symanec corporate version ?

6. Brian N

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hmmm, you say you reformated your hard drive and reinstalled Win98, and it still happens? I would think that reformatting would have taken care of the Symantec remnants.

When you reinstall NOD32, try going to the Expert setup options and tell it not to activate the AMON and IMON modules. That way, you can go into Windows and activate them yourself, and hopefully be able to figure out which module is causing the problem.

8. Brian N

Oh damnit again, I forgot you already formatted..
    I really do have a crappy memory, sorry.
    If I won 1mil bucks by asnwering what I had to eat last week, I would lose :)

9. sandhya

I have reinstalled NOD32 using expert setup and after putting on IMON & AMON on, it is not crashing. But it crashes with a bluescreen the moment we run On-demand scanner. This is a Win98 P4 machine with 256 MB Ram. (I installed NOD32 after reformatting the system).

What could be the problem for this ?

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried swapping out your RAM?

Cheers :D

11. sandhya

Tried it without much luck. Does installing old version of NOD32 solve this problem ?

12. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

A few weeks ago I installed NOD32 on a Windows 98SE based machine that was previously using NAV 2002. I uninstalled NAV then ran the extra NAV 2002 uninstall program that I downloaded from Symantec. I installed NOD32 for Win98SE then installed ZAP (ZoneAlarm Pro) free version 6.1.744.001 and configured complete permissions in the firewall for NOD32. It works great and doesn't slow down too much that older Windows 98SE system with only 500Mhz K6 CPU and 256K RAM.

13. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to verify, when you reformatted the hard disk drive and reinstalling Microsoft Windows 98, you did so from either a Microsoft or a system manufacturer's operating system installation disc, e.g., not a patched copy or a copy with might be loading additional third-party software?

Also, after installing the operating system, did you install all of the Microsoft-provided patches for it from the Windows Update web site?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

14. sandhya

I was able to install NOD32 on all the Win98 machines but some of of them gives a blue screen on running on-demand scanner with error message "A Fatal exception OC has occured, error code: EC8E:0000120E, press any key to restart your computer."

We even disabled boot sector & memory from scanning and still the problem persists. Is there a solution for this ?

15. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have the hard disk drives and memory in the computer(s) in question been tested recently for errors?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.