NOD32 on server KILLS ActiveSync

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ckelsoe, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckelsoe

ckelsoe Registered Member

I have a MS Small Business Server 2003 with SP 1 and Exchange Server running SP 2. On 1/8/2005 apparently an update was sent out that killed ActiveSync on Exchange. After around 12 hours on the phone with product support we decided to disable NOD32. To our surprise, ActiveSync worked fine. Reenabling it immediately killed activesync. I then just disabled IMON. Activesync worked fine. The sync from the client is using ActiveSync 4.1 and the phone is a K-JAM with Windows Mobile 5. Note that we are not running ActiveSync on the server, but using the ActiveSync features of Exchange SP 2 for push email.

Any thoughts on this is appreciated. I want IMON running again to protect the system.

Charles

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Sorry, I do not know that much about Exchange Server, but...

Do you know the name of the executable involved? You may be able to set up an exclusion for it in IMON --> Setup --> Miscellaneous --> Exclsusion --> Edit.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Activesync is possibly not compatible with IMON on a server, which IMON by default would normally be not loaded on a server (grey icon, not red) although at workstation level I have no issue with compatability.
    :)
    During the install process on a server, NOD32 makes it adequately clear that it is disabled on a server operating system by default.
    HTH :)

4. ckelsoe

I guess I do not understand why you would run a server with out IMON to protect the server.

The activesync part of Exchange - I do not know if that is a seperate exe or not. I know it has worked until the 8th so presume some update caused the issue.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

IMON may cause serious problems on servers due to the way it works (as LSP at Winsock level). It's not even a part of NOD32 for Exchange !

6. ckelsoe

So what is protecting the server itself if IMON does not work?

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

AMON.

Cheers :D

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Basically IMON is point of entry protection - an added bonus to the protection already being provided by AMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.