NOD32 on Mailtraq mailserver????

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duijv023, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this:

My company sets up Mailtraq ( http://www.mailtraq.com/ ) for some our customers.
    I know that Mailtraq advises e.g. AVG antivirus plugins for mailtraq.
    However, I'm not very convinced about the quality of AVG detecting capability o_O , and I would like to use NOD32 instead (if possible).
    Currently we are doing some testing with NOD32 (v2.51.20) on a mailtraq server.
    The inbound e-mail routing goes very well as it seems.
    EICAR test files are all detected and deleted.
    outbound e-mail however seems to be left alone.

I use NOD32 only for a short time now, so I don't have much experience with it yet (learning every day on this forum).
    I guess, that because of a lack of filtering by EMON, the scanning must be executed by IMON, but that lacks SMTP scanning. Final result: no scanning and cleaning is executed on outgoing mail.

Does anybody you know wether it is possible to configure NOD32 in a way that it works fine with mailtraq?

With greetings from Holland

2. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Hello duijv023,
    Thanks for the pm re this problem.

My solution to this problem was probably easier than your's will be . My customer wasnt using a microsoft server so I simply put the mailtraq onto the 'main' office pc and configured NOD in the usual way (ie no exclusions etc). The outgoing emails where then being scanned from both outlook *emon) and mailtraq (amon) itself.

However, in your situation (even with IMON turned off) AMON will still scan the outgoing messages from Mailtraq so you should have nothing to worry about.

If your setup is different then you could try calling Tony at Mailtraq tech support on (UK) 0123 - 424 0152 or 0208 - 955 7878. He is very knowledgable and should be able to give you the answer you need.

Richard

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

thank you richard.

If somebody else knows something please let me know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.