NOD32 on Exchange - without Xmon

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by legend33, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legend33

legend33 Registered Member

We have the Enterprise version of NOD32 - without Exchange licensing. Reason being is we already own and use Antigen for Exchange and have no reason to replace that just yet. We need to have antivirus on the server, obviously. ESET is telling me I can't do this - that it is a huge risk. We were told by the salespeople that it wasn't a problem. I excluded all the files/directories from Amon that would hurt Exchange - per the KB article on MS. Only issue I see is with On Demand scanning - I don't see a way to exclude those directories. Otherwise what would the problem be? Antigen works too good for us to switch and I can't believe there aren't others out there who have this scenerio?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In my opinion, NOD32 should be licensed as if installed on a file server in this scenario. It's true that the on-demand scanner does not support folder/file exclusions, but excluding tmp,edb and log extensions from scanning should work fine.

3. legend33

legend33 Registered Member

Well I agree with you - thanks :) What made me wonder is the reply from ESET regarding why I couldn't just use Amon with the appropriate exclusions on an Exchange server:

The problem is that a threat can NOT be excluded from NOD32. AMON, seeing that it's the only NOD32 protection on the machine will scan those files and folders.

That is what caused my confusion. Ideally NOD32 could just allow exclusions for On Demand. I thought I saw somewhere a future version might do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.