NOD32 on ESET site too old??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by paulw1, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

Hi all.

Today I downloaded the 30 day Evaluation version to test on a laptop at work. I have been using it at home for the past 12 months. However when I installed it the update refused to work. I noticed that the database in the eval version was 4083 dated 20090518, rather old. NOD32 would download the updates and started to install them but when it got to file 5 of 5 the update failed saying it could download the file from the update server. I uninstalled it , set my clock back to May 25 and installed again. This time the update worked but after I set my date back to today and rebooted I was told that my evaluation period had expired..

How would Joe or Jane Sixpack get on doing this?? I suspect that they would be peeded off and go somewhere else..

Our licenses at home expire in sepetember and I was going to update my wifes to V4 at the same time but if i have this problem i may as well leave it at V3..

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

Thanx for that. Didn't work got to file 8 or 8 and then failed. Have uninstalled and given up on it..

The document needs to be updated for V4 as the charon and updfiles directories are not where they are shown in this document plus the em0**32.dat files can only be deleted in safe mode.

Thanx for the reply..

4. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

Update to the above.
    I uninstalled it again then reinstalled it, ran the updater and this time it worked. Go figure..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.