NOD32 not working after installation.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Aji, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aji

Aji Registered Member

I have installed NOD32 Single user pack on a stand alone system. But NOD32 is not working in normal mode after restart. (The system is infected with virus and NOD32 picked up some viruses in the safe mode) Is there a way to get this working in normal mode?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If you believe you are still infected look here. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

or the registry is messed up so badly, that it's not a problem for NOD32 to start... I'm noticing more and more registry issues AFTER cleanup on machines I clean now - the infestations are either much more embedded than before, or the ripping them out isn't being done as cleanly as before... a good registry clean might help... there is a thread here with links from some very knowledgable folk to tools that do a really good job... seach the nod32 forums for recent threads containing "registry"...

4. gue_st

gue_st Guest

You could try other AV tools, it is possible that your computer is still infected.
    Kaspersky AV trial or online scanner, VBA32 console scanner, Panda online scanner. After that, you can install NOD32 and hopefully it will work properly.
    If that does not work, backing up your files and clean windows install is probably the best option.

It is unlikely that registry cleaner can solve serious registry issues, but there is a good chance to mess up even more, if you don't know what you are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.