Nod32 not updating - Tried every trick

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by japi_s, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japi_s

japi_s Registered Member

Hi Guys,

We have just rolled out Nod32 in our company and it was working fine till 3-4 days back. We installed it on 15th Jan and it was doing all updates and the mirror was working fine.

All of a sudden the AV has stopped doing updates from Nod32' servers. My clients can still connect to the Mirror server and check for updates, but my mirror server is not doing updates from the Nod32's site. The version that i have got is 3.0.684.0 (3553). There have been 6-7 updates since then but the mirror server just refuses to connect.

Earlier, it was atleast attempting to connect to the server and by clicking on the Update link i could see it trying to update with the bar and all moving, but it used to fail saying 'unable to connect to the server' or 'Connection Error'. But since today it has even stopped doing that progress thing. Even if i click on the link to update, its just does nothing.

I had tried deleting the update directory as suggested in many posts.. I have also tried to clear cache and then reconnect. Just to make sure that its not our firewall, i configured a client machine to connect directly to the Nod32 server for updates providing our corporate username and pwds for the download, and that worked !!!
    Seeing that working i uninstalled and reinstall the ERAS, on my mirror server and entered the username and pwd's for the updates.. attached my .LIC file to it and tried to update and still that thing wont show me the bar to update or do any updates....

I'm really getting frustrated.. What more can i do. I have tried contacting nod support through email and have given them log files, but the logs are inconclusive. The problem is with my ERAS we have figured that out. it is accepting inbound connection to do client updates, but is not updating itself.

Can anyone please help !!!!!

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I know it's not the cleanest solution, but you should try rebooting the server itself.

3. japi_s

japi_s Registered Member

Had done that as well... no luck :(

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ok - you're not still using the trial license code are you? - ie, you installed the correct username/password and .lic file?

5. japi_s

japi_s Registered Member

I'm using the correct lic key...

This morning while trying to update my nod is sitting on

update progress: 20kb / 20kb
    filename : em005_32_n5.nup
    Remaining time (sec) : 0

6. japi_s

japi_s Registered Member

Problem fixed.
    The guys in nod support asked me to delete the mirror folder and then also asked to change the RAS service to run with "Log On As" and use administrator credentials or a users with admin rights to the PC..

Since making that Log On As change to the servcie, it has been working fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.