NOD32 not updating through mirror

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by weevil, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weevil

weevil Registered Member

I've installed nod32 on our office network, and they are not updating through the mirror, when i force an update on a client pc it says its up to take (engine 20071221) which is obviously not up to date. ive set a UNC path to the mirror folder which has full access permissions and the server is communicating with ESET and the most up to date version is inside the mirror folder (according to the last modified info)

anyone have any ideas?

edit: my server is running 2.x and my clients are running 3.x - this shouldnt cause any problems should it? Also 1 of my clients has got the correct database version, and when i use remote admin to force an update, nothing happens

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V2 and V3 files are mutually incompatible. If you want to update both systems from one computer, you'll need to install NOD32 v2 admin version and ERA on it. The former will create a mirror for v2 whereas the latter will create a mirror for v3.

3. weevil

weevil Registered Member

Ok i am slighly confused here.

We installed NOD32 for microsoft exchange as we have a SBS server here. I followed the guide supplied on how to install NOD32 and do push installations, and its put V3 on the workstations.

the server was rebooted last night and it put V3 onto the server along side V2 - am i right in saying that there is no microsoft exchange equivilent in V3 format?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A newer version for MS Exchange will be available this year. You can install XMON 2.71 on that server and ERA which will create a mirror for v3.

5. weevil

weevil Registered Member

am i right in saying that i cant have v2 for exchange running on SBS2003 and v3 running on the clients then without installing 2 instances of NOD on the server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.