NOD32 not starting on bootup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Parrot of Doom, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrot of Doom

Parrot of Doom Registered Member

Hi there

I have to manually start NOD32 on bootup. How can I reinstall the software to repair this?

I'm running Windows XP.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello, Parrot of Doom!

Go to Control Panel-> Add/REmove programs and remove NOD32. Then delete the ESET folder under C:\Program Files and install again.
    You may take a look here for help.

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

As in it does not start up at all or that the Control Center does not start at boot?

Have you verified that the NOD32 Kernel Service is set to start automatically? Also have you verified that the nod32kui entry in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run is there and hasn't been inadvertantly removed via MSCONFIG or something similar?

I'd check those, because if they have been changed it would explain why it doesn't come up at boot. If all works fine when you run manually it's probably the Registry entry got disabled or deleted.

-Cov

4. Parrot of Doom

What file do I use to reinstall it? I can't remember if I paid, then accessed a download - or if I downloaded the trial, and then paid and entered my details?

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

You should have an e-mail with your user/password if you paid. But how's that you can't remmember if you paid or not? :eek: :eek:
    Go here and download a trial. http://www.eset.com/download/index.php

6. Parrot of Doom

I can't remember what method I used to pay because it wasn't a lot of money, and its no big deal. Just as I can't remember if I paid cash or CC when I last shopped for food.

Anyhow I reinstalled it using the link you provided, and it prompted me for a pw/email (which was already filled in), so everything is dandy now :)

Thanks for the help

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

You're welcome. :thumb:

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you have lost your license for NOD32 you can retrieve it by going to ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/support/lost_license.php and entering the email address you entered when you registered the software. You should receive an email within a few minutes at that address with your username and password, which you can then enter into NOD32.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.