Nod32 not scanning incomming email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jg88swe, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Hey
    I've added Gmail to my Outlook express 2000 and nod32 dont scan the incomming emals, no tag is found in the messages.
    The settings are so its gonna add a tag on every message, and the incomming ports for POP3 are: 110, 465, 995

So it should scan em...

Anyone know a solution?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats because Gmail uses TLS (that port 995) which is not supported by any low level (WinSock) scanner.

4. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

ok thx

5. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

I use Gmail too. I configured Outlook XP SP3 with latest beta of EMON and all Gmail messages are being scanned. It's because EMON scan when the message is stored in Outlook. EMON works with Outlook 97/2000 and the BETA 2 works with XP/2003 too.

6. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

You are still protected, btw. NOD is running and will (hopefully) detect any virus that tries to launch, but the e-mail scanning, IMHO, is a nice to have. If NOD would find it with IMON it sure as heck ought to find it with AMON.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

EMON probably works similar as avast!'s MS Outlook/Exchange plugin which also works fine with GMail. It's just they way how scanner access the mails...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.