NOD32 not scan MBR?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sir_carew, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I've Windows XP and I logged in a administrator account and when I start NOD32 Scanner it chek the CRC and the operative memory, but in the log don't appear nothing related to the Master boot record scan.
    I've the Spanish version of NOD, however the english version have the same behaviour on my computer.
    I attach the log of NOD32 when I start it from NOD control center.

Attached Files:

2. sir_carew

Estado correcto: OK
    I attach another picture that show my default option for the scanner. I also try to disable all option except scan master boot record, but when I press scan, it show nothing.

Attached Files:

3. dos

dos Registered Member

I don't think NOD32 does scan MBR on NT/2000/XP machines. When I use the DOS version it informs me it does not scan the MBR because it is an NT code based machine, I'm not sure why this is. I see the same thing you do when I try perform a scan from the On Demand Scanner - it doesn't scan the MBR even though selected

I could be wrong, in that case I'm sure someone will correct me. ;)

4. sir_carew

Hello,
    On NT based system, the AntiViruses can scan the MBR only if you're logged in a administrator account.

5. dos

dos Registered Member

Yes I realise that, which is why my account is in the local administrators group. Still it won't scan the MBR though, maybe something is wrong with it afterall. o_O

6. sir_carew

Hi,
    It's strange, maybe if a version for MS-DOS and the NT based Windows only have a emulate version of DOS.
    But the most antivirus for Win NT/2000... scan the MBR I've KAV, McAfee and Dr.Web and all scan the MBR and maybe NOD32 :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.