Nod32 not letting Zone Alarm Pro log firewall alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TurboTony, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboTony

TurboTony Registered Member

This has been happening to my 3 PC's recently, one has WinXP Pro, while the other 2 have Win Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    I originally had Zone Alarm Pro version 9.1.008.000 and Nod32 v4.2.35.0 installed on them all. Everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade to the latest versions. ZAP v9.1.603.000 and Nod32 v4.2.40.0.
    It turns out after much uninstalling and reinstalling that Nod32 is the culprit.
    I'm currently awaiting a response from Eset

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't understand, is the problem that all http traffic is routed via ekrn while bypassing the ZA firewall?

3. TurboTony

TurboTony Registered Member

No, the firewall is working ok, its just that if someone is trying to connect to my PC there is nothing getting to the log to reflect that.

What started me investigating this was a suspected port scan email from my router, when I checked the zone alarm log it was totally empty, now that is not normal. I forward a lot of ports from my router to my PC's.
    So say for instance I forwarded port 21 to one PC's, someone tries to port scan that port, it gets forwarded to the PC and zone alarm blocks it because there is no application running at the time. It should be in the log.

When I uninstalled Nod32 everything went back to how it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.