nod32 not for me

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by larryb52, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I found this out too late as I've already purchasd the program but it seems like ESET likes to keep everyone in the dark. I base this on the lack of communication on the IE exploite & the most recent lack of info coming forth from the company directly to the individual reference to an update. While I'll admit upfront I'm pretty new to smaller AV companies, I certainly know a lack of communication when I see it. This of course id just my opinion....take care...

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Did the larger AV companies respond promptly and effectively to your enquries? And if so which ones? o_O

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

OK tell the truth which AV do you prefer.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Larryb52 at the time you made enquries was it before you bought NOD32..or After you bought NOD32. Eset gives preference to subscribers. I find Eset prompt. Oh and nobody is in the office on weekends so make allowances for that.

5. larryb52

belive it or not Norton holds the record with an e-mail response in 30 minutes...but kaspersky's forum is the best when you have a problem as the help is ASAP but Norton doesn't have a forum...ESET took 3 days 2 reply, F-Secure next day, McAfee-never...

On best AV I'm finding there is non that are perfect or best...& I asked my questions a couple mths after the purchase. I'm sure my current treatment is issolated & not the norm. But I'm sure my status as a newbie to the security forums & not totally understanding the normal preactices is part the problem as well...In my specialty area of computers which is baseball simulations I get answers because I have phone #'s & call the programmers. I usually get prompt answers...

6. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

Perhaps this will set your mind at rest over IE exploits..............

http://www.nod32uk.com/about/press.htm

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

How many AV's do you run in the year? Are you saying you bought all of these? Lets say basic license for 1 year, that's 5 years worth alone (unless you have 5 PC's of course in which case scale of economy would suggest 5 versions of the same AV would make sense.)

8. peewee

peewee Registered Member

Maybe this makes another post a little bit awkward :blink:

9. larryb52

fwiw I have 3 computers... 7 av, suites, I like variety<g>...

10. larryb52

no what I stated in the post is accurate & I stand by that. I'm just not comfortable with the companies lack of diectness in what version I should be running. My original question still goes unanswered and how does an average user (not forum visitor) find out about upgrades?, if I hadn't found WIlders & this forum I would never had known?? alot of programs just auto update but it seems this is not the case or is it??

11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If I've missed the mark on this, someone from ESET please correct me :)
    The update rolls out via automatic updates the same way it normaly does - a couple of weeks after it is released. That way if there is any further issue with the updade that needs to be resolved, it can be taken care of before is is pumped out automatically. :) I'm sure ESET are as thorough as it is possible to be in their testing but it is just not possible for them to test every possible scenario for hardware/software configuration in thier lab.
    I guess you could consider that those who manually update before the automatic update are post-release testers. There really is nothing to be advised of... it's up to you if you wish to jump in ahead of the que (like so many of us here ;) )
    Cheers :)

12. Carver

Carver Registered Member

How about simply checking the Eset web site.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
  13. larryb52

and I'm suppose to know to go to the downloa section from what indicator on the front page??, like I said there's nothign upfront to indicate an update & I stopped reading minds years ago when I got married ;-)

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's virtually no need to upgrade to v. 2.51.26. If you are an admin concerning about the vulnerability, you should know that the same effect can be achieved using a Windows command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.