NOD32 no updates for 2 weeks +

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I have a client using Windows 2003 Server standard and two XP clients. The NOD32 Admin is installed on the Server and handles pushing the updates to the clients. I was at their location today for some other problems and noticed that the 2 machines were using Apr 3 definitions even though it is April 19th! The clients are password protected regarding settings. The NOD32 admin console shows errors for one box regarding updates but the 2nd box does not appear at all in the NOD32 Admin alerts. They have IE7 on the server.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

has their license expired?

3. enduser999

NO their license does not expire till middle of May 2007.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What error do you get when you hit the Update now button?

5. enduser999

I don't get an error now since the server was updated yesterday with the latest component as well as signatures and rebooted. The question is why did the NOD32 Admin not update the two workstations with at least virus definitions for two weeks? I can see not do the component push if it required a reboot.

Does NOD32 Admin panel running on Win2k3 server, stop updating clients with definitions if Admin panel has installed a component update on the server and needs the server to be restarted? I hope not.

I will be visiting their site next week to find out whether the signatures are up to date and try to figure out why only one machine was telling me of the update problem. The second box is configured to email me of alerts. There is no entries in its log of updates even being attempted even though the computer is being used each day.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is a known fact . If you have installed a component upgrade on the server (from previous version to 2.70.32) , the server must be restarted before it continues to pass anything to the workstations .

7. enduser999

Is this even the case with the current component ie. next component upgrade will require an update before any definitions are pushed to clients? If so think I will disable the automatic component upgrades.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is true . Server must be restarted before it continues to push updates to the clients .

This is the suggested by ESET option for servers ;) Only manual upgrade ...

9. enduser999

Thanks will turn that feature off. However wouldn't the users in this case be notified via a popup that their definitions were out of date?

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Have you restarted the server so that the clients continue receiving updates

11. enduser999

Yes did that yesterday when I discovered the problem on a visit to fix hardware. However shouldn't the users in this case be notified via a popup that their definitions were out of date?

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is already done and we - the users , simply cannot change it. Version 3 is in development and BETA testing at the moment so I suggest you post your wishes in the BETA forum or mail ESET . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.