nod32 module won't show results after scanning?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Well this is getting quite tedious!.... if I right click on my c drive... I still get the foulup..... I have tested my whole s:\windows directory and it works for that... so now I have to find where the bad archieve is!

Does anyone know of a program that will scan and find bad archieves?

2. windstrings

Wait a minute!... I did something really dumb... I have the bad file backed up in a temp directory.... I will scan c drive now with that deleted.

3. windstrings

I finally fixed it!!!! ... it was all about the corrupted "driver.cab" file.... located in c:\windows\driver cache\i386.....winzip wouldn't open it either....

we did have mcafee on this system before... I don't know if it would have opened it or not without crashing?... we didn't do a scan of c drive.. so I don't know.....

But I want to thank all of you that gave your help, support and suggestions.... I learned alot in the process!

So for now..... to sum it all up ..... its the "archive" setting being ticked is what will cause nod32 to blip out during a scan "IF" you have a corrupted archieve file.. .such as a .cab etc
    I've worked on this problem all yesterday eve and all today..... aside from being damn curious... I really wanted to keep nod32 on this system if I could...
    Now Ill delete my restore files and create a new so I don't chance getting that funky file back again....
    The scan took 16minutes and 47seconds to scan 129413 files, with everything set to full max settings.... not bad for a 950amd!
    Special thanks to "Berni" here in the states for returning several emails as he worked on this personally today and to "Blackspear" for the trouble, time, and coorespondence.
    again.... thanks..

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Great to see you had a good result.

What an unusual problem. Hopefully Eset will be able to have Nod32 adjusted to go past such an error for anyone that comes across the same issue.

Cheers :D

5. windstrings

Well whatever the issue is... winzip would also crash when trying to open that bad .cab file.... not so much when it opened it, as much as when it "extracted it"

If nothing else... figure out a way for the log to show so someone can go see what the problem was and fix it.... right now it acts like it "cancels" when it encounters the issue. The scanlog shows it scanned, but acts like it scanned "0" files... like it forgot everything it had done up to that point... like a "cancel" command would do.....
    I don't think it will be too hard to fix...... this system had a bad hardrive before that I replaced not to long ago.... the "smartdrv" was going out, according to the ibm utility "DFT".
    I think this issue is resolved.

6. windstrings

Flowers once again!.. and in the winter too!!....

this is probrably the best forum I've ever been involved in... its extremly hard to deal with so many issues from so many people!

Like any team, business, or family.... a quality forum starts with those at the top. I appreciate the sense of excellence I feel out here... many forums would take that attitude of "oh well", but you guys really take pride in figuring out stuff.....
    When I contacted the nod32 guys by phone.... they said someone else had the same problem... the more they talked.. the more I realized it was me!!
    They were already working on the problem.... literally when I called the tech as well as a couple of others were investingating and trying to duplicate the problem.
    I really wish I would have saved the problem file so I could send it to them... but it was quite big anyway....
    Hope everyone has a great thankgiving because even though things can get really low..... theres always so much to be thankful for...
    cherio!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.