Nod32 Missing System Tray Icon - A Solution!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Soultrain, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soultrain

Soultrain Registered Member

I know this is an old topic but I too have been plagued with the Nod32 icon not always appearing in the system tray after reboot. Though this isn't a real problem (egui and ekrn ARE running) it is annoying. And, only recently, people have gone on various message boards looking for a solution to the problem.

All the solutions I've read didn't solve my problem but one post here on Wilders got me thinking about the order in which apps start up (especially my firewall). This seemed to be a factor. So I thought about the problem and how I could "force" the system to stop and recognise the Nod32 startup without having to edit the registry, config files etc. I then had a hunch that the problem might be connected to the fact that I had the splash screen turned off. So I turned the splash screen back on and now see the systray icon appear 100% of the time. Problem solved.

This may not be the answer for everyone but I have a strong feeling that this is the solution for a good many users experiencing what appears to be a silly, minor bug.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.