NOD32 - Min Sys RAM - For Win 98PC?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by JBB, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBB

JBB Registered Member

The NOD32 documenation (on Eset's) web site, lists the Minimum Requirements for Vers 2.5 as a Windows 95/98/me/2000/xp with 128MB RAm and a Pentium 300 mhz.

Now when they say 128MB RA,M do they just mean XP which needs more RAM, because I find it hard to believe that A Windows 98 system would also require a minium of 128MB RAM.? ... I thought that NOD32 was suppose to be a good choice to run on old Win98 PC's becasue it is suppose to use less memory/RAM than Norton Antivirus. .... Yet, Norton Antivirus 2005 says 128MB is only required for WinXP whereas only 64Mb RAM is required for Windows 98 and Windows ME. So this implys to me that Norton uses less emeory that NOD32 because it only needs 64MB RAm to work on a Win 98 PC, where NOD32 requires (accordind to their docs) 128MB to run all Windows operating systems including Win98

*** Questions:

........So Is NOD32 just stating the minium memory requirements (of 128MB Ram) for a WIN XP PC in thier docs?
    ........ Has anyone tried running NOD32 V2.5 (or an eariler NOD V2)on an older Win 98 PC which only has 64MB Ram on it? Does it run o.k?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi JBB, please don't double post. You have asked the same question here. As this is the case I will close this thread.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.