NOD32 Lags Filemaker over TCP/IP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zol, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zol

zol Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased NOD32 for our school and we run a student database program over Filemaker server 5.5 and the laptop clients connect via Filemaker Pro 6.0. All machines are windows XP sp2. The shortcut link on their desktop loads up filemaker pro 6 from their local harddrives, then loads up the student management database over the network from a server.

When staff start up first thing in the mornings, and doubleclick the desktop shortcut, filemaker pro 6 loads up successfully, but at the point where it tries to load the student database module over the network, it hangs. It will sit there for about 10 minutes and then finally connects and staff can continue work at normal speeds. The strange bit is that this only occurs the first time everyday that they load up the student database. If you close it off and even do a restart and try again, it works fine. Another "weird" thing that happens is that when it is in this "stuck" stage, I can open any application such as Word or IE, or even just do a window switch on the taskbar, and this will get it passed the stuck stage and filemaker will continue to load the database module.

The above scenario also happens with our library search catalog software, which, exactly like the student database module, loads over the network in filemaker. Again, switching windows or loading up Word gets it past the stalled stage.

I have tried excluding the filemaker folder and subfolders on both the clients and the workstations, yet it doesnt seem to make a difference.

I have read in another post someone had a similar problem, and it was suggested he removed all registry traces that Norton Antivirus left behind. We used e-Trust.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Try disabling IMON what happens... if problem persists try disabling AMON..

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

By the way, are you running NOD32 on the Filemaker clients and server, or just on the clients?

4. zol

zol Registered Member

It is now running on the server and clients. Tho it lagged even before I had nod on the server.

Even tho disabling modules is an option, wouldnt this leave a big hole? Especially IMON!!

Any other suggestions?
    o_O o_O
    cheers

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Could it have something to do with ODBC? For example, are you set up so that you can connect to the server with a web browser, instead of Filemaker Pro? If so, do you have the same lag problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.