NOD32 Kernel Service Message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sharp_lad, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharp_lad

Sharp_lad Registered Member

I've installed NOD32, it worked fine, but after over a month of working it started to show NOD32 Kernel Service error message every 10 minutes. It says that this app would be closed, but NOD32 works.
    There are details:
    szAppName : nod32krn.exe szAppVer : 2.50.26.0 szModName : ps_upd.dll
    szModVer : 2.50.26.0 offset : 0002cafc

and these data includes in the report as says in message:
    C:\DOCUME~1\1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf224.dir00\nod32krn.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf224.dir00\appcompat.txt

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, there are generally only a very few reasons for why NOD32 Kernel fails to start:

1. Insufficient memory (either RAM or Virtual Memory). This is mostly issue on old laptops where people are expecting the same performance as they have on desktop machines.

2. Damaged installation. This is mostly result of bad update or resetting computer etc. Easiest solution is reinstallation (or more precisely uninstallation of NOD32 and then installing a fresh copy of NOD32).

3. Remnants of other AV products. We already have recorded several AVs namely Panda Antivirus and Norton Antivirus which do not uninstall properly on occasions. If this is the case we need to know what this was and we can advise which specific uninstaller to use.

4. Other very specific and rare issues like faulty RAM module or system date set to 2080 and later (which would also ruin other programs).

5. Stration worm, however if your NOD32 is always up-to-date this is highly unlikely.

Please make a system search for e1.dll and rename this file if it is located.

Send a sample to samples@eset.com

Upload the file to http://www.eset.com/threat-center/up/submit.htm

NOTE: for future reference, please only send files that you are certain are malware or suspicious, so the virus lab isn't overloaded.

If you had Norton on this system at any point in time, please complete the following and then try a further installation of NOD32:

Download, Save and then run the Norton Removal tool for versions 2003 to 2007 use this link: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?OpenDocument

After the above, please make sure all other antivirus software programs are uninstalled, and then reinstall a fresh copy of NOD32.

If and ONLY if the above fails, please complete the following:

Download Runscanner from this link: http://www.runscanner.net/runscanner.zip

1. Extract it to your “Desktop”.

2. Run runscanner.exe

3. Select expert mode.

4. Press start scan.

5. Press Export .run file (not text.log file).

6. Call the file “System Info”.

7. Click Save.

8. Attach the file you have just saved to your email.

Download and run LookInMyPC from here: http://www.lookinmypc.com

1. Select "Generate report"

2. Wait - scan results will pop up in a browser

3. Go to folder with LookInMyPC installed (default in C:\ProgramFiles\LookInMyPC\Reports\username\LookInMyPC.zip), and attach LookInMyPC.zip to the email

Forward the logs from both programs in an email to your local support office together with the following:

1. Go to the NOD32 Control Centre

2. Click on Logs

3. Right Click on one of last completed full system scan logs.

4. Click on “Details”

5. Right Click anywhere on the scan log

6. Click on “copy all”

7. Right Click in the replying email to me.

8. Click on “Paste”

This will paste a copy of one of the scans you have completed.

Cheers :D

3. Sharp_lad

Sharp_lad Registered Member

My desktop is quite up-to-date.
    I can't reinstall it now, I don't have install cd.
    There are no other AVes exactly.
    I don't know if system date is correct, there can i check it?
    I have NOD32 2.5 Control Center, i think it isn't old. Updates downloads regurarly.
    I didn't find e1.dll.
    At first I decided to check my RAM. I want to use memetest, is it a good choice?
    If there won't be any issues after checking, should i follow other instruction you wrote? I mean running Runscanner and LookInMyPC.

THanks a lot

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You don't need the CD, simply download a fresh copy from the website using your Username and Password.

Try this first.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.