NOD32 kernel service doesn't start

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by stema, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stema

stema Registered Member

I have the same problem as Very_Frustrated did (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12228&page=1), if I install nod32 it's ok for a while, then suddenly after a few restarts, it stops to start the kernel service, and no resinstall of nod helps only full reinstall of winxp. If I watch the log it says nod32 kernel service is not a valid win32 application, any solution? I tried several versions, and several installation methods, no viruses on my computer, so there should be no problem, but there still is, so pls. help me!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

stema

Here is a thread where the kernal issue has been discussed.

3. stema

stema Registered Member

I'm running win xp, not 98se, and no problem in kernel32.dll or so, no memory addresses, only this msg. in the system log: (i will try to translate it) The service (NOD32 Kernel Service) stopped because of the following error: NOD32 Kernel Service: not a valid Win32 application. I think it's not the same error, couse everything works fine for me except for nod, no crashes or anything, just the service has this problem, that it does not start.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

stema

I would send an email to support@nod32.com in the meantime with the details and a link to this thread.

5. stema

stema Registered Member

I did once, but i didn't know as much about the problem as now (so their solution didn't work), so I sent them another with a link to this thread.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

stema

Keep us in the loop. :)

INFO ONLY

I get "Not a valid win32 application when I attempt to install updates or install applications."

There are two main causes for this error:

1. There was a problem with the downloaded file and it may be corrupted...Download it again,

2. You are attempting to install a 64 bit patch on a 32 bit computer...download the 32 bit version of the patch for a 32 bit computer.

Also you will sometimes get this error if you are attempting to open a document when the necessary application is not installed. You need to have the appropriate application installed to open the document.

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/win32.htm

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  7. stema

stema Registered Member

I came up with my solution: i installed it in c:\nod32\ so not in program files, or in a directory that has a space in it's name. It works fine now ;) YIPPIE!!! :D

8. GeordieSEO

GeordieSEO Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.