NOD32 Kernel Fails To Load

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gershwin, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershwin

Gershwin Registered Member

Hello,

Of the 45 workstation installations of NOD32 I've done since August 1, 6 workstations have now booted with a message that "NOD32 Kernel Failed To Load".

In all cases, no other real-time scanning process is present, nor is there anything present on these computers to distinguish them from the others that have not (so far) had this problem.

The only cure for this issue appears to be complete removal and then a re-installation of the product.

Has anyone any idea of what might be going on here?

Thanks.

2. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

can you run a scan by starting NOD32 from the Start menu, not the control centre, I've seen this several times over the past few weeks and it's been caused by the Nuwar virus.

NOD32 detects and removes this but the kernel is prevented from starting hence the need to run a standard scan to check and remove. If it is the Nuwar virus the kernel will start as normal on the next boot.

Jon

3. Gershwin

Gershwin Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. None of the computers where this has occurred showed any notice of a threat detection. The first time it happened, I did suspect there was a possible virus present and was able to run a scan by right clicking on the C: drive icon in Windwos Explorer. It did not find anything.

I believe that I did not try to reboot to see if the problem recurred - I just uninstalled and reinstalled.

Clearly, I need to be more careful the next time to see what's going on.

Again, thanks for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.