Nod32, is it possible to stop the scanning?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Adriano, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adriano

Adriano Registered Member

Hi, I have configured my Nod32 and every day at 18:00 o'clock it begins to scan my HD. Is it possible to stop it during the scanning?
    it seems impossible!
    I thank you

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To accomplish this, you'll need to run nod32.exe along with the desired parameters as an external application.

3. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

What me old mate Marcos means is that if you select 'NOD32 - scanning' when setting up a Scheduled Task, it runs in the background and therefore cannot be stopped.

What you need, Adriano, when setting up the Scheduled Task, is to select 'NOD32 Kernel - Execution of an external application'. Click the relevant details like a name, day, time, etc. of the regular scan and when you get to the last window it will ask you to specify the application to run. Enter this: C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

Leave the next field blank and in the 3rd field enter the command line parameters that you would like NOD32 to conform to. For example: C:\ /clean /ah /all /subdir+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scanboot+ /scroll+ /arch+ /pack+ /mapi- /pattern+ /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /heurdeep /log+ /prompt

...is what I have on my machine. You can get full info about the commands by clicking the 'Help' button in the NOD32 Control Centre. In the new window select 'Modules', after that select 'NOD32: On-Demand scanner and the last item is 'Command line parameters'. So you can pick and choose which commands you want to use.

Bandicoot. :D

4. Adriano

Adriano Registered Member

ok dear Bandicoot,
    thanks for your detailed reply but how can I stop it precisely, please?
    Is there a button?
    thanks again

5. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello Adriano,

Well at the moment, in your Scheduled Task, I think you have selected 'NOD32 - scanning'. As I explained, this will run 'in the background' and so cannot be stopped. What you need to do is change this to 'NOD32 Kernel - Execution of an external application' and follow the details I gave you in my last post in paragraphs 2 and 3.

Go to the Scheduler/Planner section in the Control Centre, then select the item you want to alter in the right hand window (there'll be a few default setups in there already). Now right-click on your selected item, and from the context menu, choose 'Change'. This will bring up your details in a new window. Now alter the 'Select a task to be scheduled' to 'NOD32 Kernel - Execution of an external application' and then follow the info in my previous post.

Then, when your Scheduled Scan runs, you will have the option to hit the Stop button to terminate the scan if you so desire.

Let me know if this still doesn't make any sense.

Bandicoot. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.