NOD32 invalid username or password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by The Chez, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please send me the portion of your license that you do have (the username part which begins with AV-####### or EAV-########) via the forum's private message system, and I will see what I can find out about it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. The Chez

The Chez Registered Member

It says the private messaging system is currantly unavailable.

Sorry I did not reply sooner, I'm in the UK and was posting on here late at night so I went to bed, this is still a problem for me this morning though. When I wrote to ESET support, they told me they couldn't find me based on the username. thats probably because they ignored the part where I said I did not set this program up, so my guess is the name I gave & the name used to register the program are not the same! I almost threw a fit at how they could be so..... Anyway I will send it to you as soon as I can, when the problem with private messages is fixed.

The shop where it was set up is called Mansfield Computer Retail, if you could even find something related to them with the username, then you'd know it was my program. They told me they use NOD on customer's PC's a lot, so they must have an email address they can get into to receive my licence data under ESET's lost licence service?

If I cannot resolve this problem next week, I will have no choice but to uninstall NOD32, throw away £40 and install AVG free, as I do not have the money to either replace my NOD (paid for until next year) licence or take the PC into the store.
    I'm sorry fot my tirade last night, I am angry because money is involved, money that would have paid for a week's food for me & my partner, money that would have paid for a lot of things, money that was a birthday gift, but I paid for NOD to save myself any more virus related repair bills.

For the best part NOD32 has served my online needs perfectly, it doesn't interfere with or slow my computer down like AVG can, errors with the server are almost none existant, AVG has about 2 a week etc.

This is also partly my fault for not making sure I got the relevent infomation from them. I asked the shop if my machine would be at great risk going without updates until Monday, he said you should be fine.
    I was searching the house at 1am last night trying to find the receipt for the repairs, incase I have to go down the money back route, but I couldn't find it.

How do I know even doing the lost licence thing will fix it? I would like it if ESET could change over the registration into my name, so I control an email address, username & password of my own choosing. I've a feeling this is going to drag on to exasperation point. Simply because it will be impossible for me to identify my legal copy of NOD32.

When I was searching for support yesterday, I found almost EVERY google result was for cracks & pirated ESET software. Software piracy is not only illegal. it's downright dangerous for your computer.
    I chose to buy NOD32 legally, so I will be pretty naffed off to say the least if I cannot get ESET to recognise my copy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  3. grun93

grun93 Registered Member

What I don't get it why you are blaming ESET? This is not between you and ESET, but between you and the shop you bought your license from. It is the shop that should have provided you with the correct details of your license, not ESET.

What I do not understand further is that you say that your shop might be a chaos, and still continue to shop there. That does not look very smart to me.

I expect that ESET get dozens of emails a day from users with the most fantastic stories in order to try to get support for their licenseproblems. Those users might have found their copy or serialnumbers somewhere on the net. You really can not blame ESET for being somewhat reluctant.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A shop should never use their email address to register licenses their customers buy, at least not in Slovakia. It always has to be the email address of the customer that we have in our records.

As for the messaging system, you're not allow to use it yet. I'll drop you a PM so that you can PM me back your username.

5. The Chez

Oh I'm sorry I don't have the money for 'super' computer service. I'm not blaming ESET for the problem either, I'm blaming the shop for not giving me the correct instructions with the program, and I will be letting them know that tomorrow.

6. The Chez

PM sent.

7. alant56

alant56 Registered Member

Hi Chez

Apologies for the delay as I've only just picked this issue up in the UK although I believe you may have been in private correspondence with my colleagues. The license was actually cancelled for license abuse (single user license being used on multiple machines) and the "registered" license holder was emailed to that effect. A new password has in fact already been issued to the "registered" license holder. As you are posting on this forum, I'm guessing that wasn't you ? We are not suggesting you were responsible for this license abuse in any way and I will send you a private message in order that we can establish the facts to accomodate you and get your license valid again. For obvious reasons I can't validate if your details match the details we have here on a public forum. Please be assured however that we are happy to help you.

Regards

Alan - ESET UK

8. The Chez

Thank you. I expect others who purchased a 'copy' of NOD32 from this repair shop have had their license discontinued too, as it was the same one.

I am appauled that ESET products are being misused in this manner, and I'll think twice before using that place for PC services again.

I'm glad ESET have picked up on this issue, because it's no better than Piracy. I bet they paid for one CD ROM of the product, and them distributed the same license key to multiple customers. This as far as I know is highly illegal.

I have received my own key from ESET now, and I am very pleased with ESET' efficiancy in helping me with this matter. I expect you will get more people from this area of the UK contacting you about their license in the coming weeks. I'm glad I have helped unearth this abuse.

If ESET need any further info from me to help their investigation into this matter, I will be more than happy to help. I do hope this store are not continuing to distribute ESET products illegaly. This could also be fraud, as customers are paying £39 for a license, when I bet the shop have only paid for one. So thats £39 profit for them each time NOD is sold! :mad:

I feel bad that I have helped in this process, but I was completly unaware it was going on.

Makes me sick :gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.