NOD32 into Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by swoop, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swoop

swoop Registered Member

I switched from Outlook 2000 to v2003 and EMON is not active anymore. In Outlook 2000 it was possible to ad NOD32 into services, but how to do it in v2003? HELP!!!

Thanx in advance...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately, MS Outlook 2002/2003 is not supported in the current version of EMON. However, AMON will detect and block infected attachments upon attempt to run or save them to the disk. Also, if you use XMON on your Exchange server for checking email, you will no longer need EMON.

3. orthoseeker

orthoseeker Registered Member

NOD32 works just fine with Outlook 2003, if you use Internet Mail in Outlook 2003 and IMON in NOD32. Evidence of this is: The scanning notification message from IMON appears in all my Outlook mail, since I configured IMON to notifiy me of its scans.

There IS one small problem with Outlook 2003 (or Outlook Express, for that matter), however: If you also have WindowBlinds installed, NOD32 will cause Outlook 2003 (or Outlook Express) to keep phantom code in memory after Outlook shuts down. This in turn will cause IMON to hang when you shut Windows down. To avoid this, set a total exclusion of Outlook 2003, Outlook Express, and the NOD32 executables in WindowBlinds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.