NOD32 interaction with Windows XP Security Centre settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Foiler, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foiler

Foiler Registered Member

I have NOD32 antivirus version 4. Is there a policy setting which might be turning the Windows firewall alert? I can't seem to get the setting to persist.

I keep disabling the alert for firewall under the alert settings (Change the way Security Center alerts me) - but after a restart the setting seems to have reverted back on.

2. er34

er34 Guest

Hello,

Your questions seems unrelated to NOD32 and ESET security but more to Microsoft and Windows XP settings.

I am not aware of such a policy you require - the option under Change the way Security Center alerts me is the correct one. After you save the change, this should work. Most probably after restart something reverts back to the original settings - it is all about Windows Registry settings after all.

The other way is to completely disable Security Center and all its reports - done by disabling the whole Security Center service:
    http://ecoclients.com/blog/turn-off-windows-security-center/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.