NOD32 installation package

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ricky2009, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricky2009

ricky2009 Registered Member

Dear All,

My company're using the symantec 10.2 anti-virus, next month we will use the NOD32 (enterprise edition). Please Do anyone know how to create a package that can un-install the symantec anti-virus and install the NOD32's clients. I know how to create the package for install NOD 32's clients, i just want to know that the package - can i also include the un-install symantec clients part?

Thanks,
    Ricky

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You need to ask Symantec support to provide it to you. They require a support case opened with them to get your hands on their super-secret removal utility for the enterprise AV; good luck. :rolleyes:

3. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

I have recently done this, and I simply created some scripts and added it to the domain logon.bat file.

1. Create a file named "SymantecUnlock.reg" edit this file with notepad and paste:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AdministratorOnly\Security]
    "LockUnloadServices"=dword:00000000
    "UseScanNetDrivePassword"=dword:00000000
    "UseVPUninstallPassword"=dword:00000000
    "NetScanPassword"="1084A085DC6BD2D755D4D6A7726"
    "VPUninstallPassword"="1084A085DC6BD2D755D4D6A7726"

Save your file.

2. Create a file named "SymantecRemoval.Bat" and with notepad paste the following:

@echo off
    cls

echo Removing the uninstall lock for Symantec Anti-Virus...
    REG IMPORT "SymantecUnlock.reg"

echo Removing the Symantec Anti-Virus please stand by...
    MsiExec.exe /X{33CFCF98-F8D6-4549-B469-6F4295676D83} REMOVE=ALL /passive /forcerestart
    MsiExec.exe /I{A011A1DC-7F1D-4EA8-BD11-0C5F9718E428} REMOVE=ALL /passive /forcerestart
    echo WE ARE DONE!

You may need to add more uninstall codes depending your symantec version. Check a few workstations under c:\windows\installer and click through the shell links till you find the Symantec uninstall files.

3. Make sure you have those 2 files in a network share, then all that is left is to add the following to your logon.bat:

copy "\\<path to file>\SymantecUnlock.reg" "%TEMP%"
    copy "\\<path to file>\SymantecRemoval.bat" "%TEMP%"
    call %TEMP%\SymantecRemoval.bat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.