NOD32 installation package

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ricky2009, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricky2009

ricky2009 Registered Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Dear All,

My company're using the symantec 10.2 anti-virus, next month we will use the NOD32 (enterprise edition). Please Do anyone know how to create a package that can un-install the symantec anti-virus and install the NOD32's clients. I know how to create the package for install NOD 32's clients, i just want to know that the package - can i also include the un-install symantec clients part?

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Jul 19, 2008
    You need to ask Symantec support to provide it to you. They require a support case opened with them to get your hands on their super-secret removal utility for the enterprise AV; good luck. :rolleyes:
  3. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

May 12, 2008
    I have recently done this, and I simply created some scripts and added it to the domain logon.bat file.

1. Create a file named "SymantecUnlock.reg" edit this file with notepad and paste:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Save your file.

2. Create a file named "SymantecRemoval.Bat" and with notepad paste the following:

@echo off

echo Removing the uninstall lock for Symantec Anti-Virus...
    REG IMPORT "SymantecUnlock.reg"

echo Removing the Symantec Anti-Virus please stand by...
    MsiExec.exe /X{33CFCF98-F8D6-4549-B469-6F4295676D83} REMOVE=ALL /passive /forcerestart
    MsiExec.exe /I{A011A1DC-7F1D-4EA8-BD11-0C5F9718E428} REMOVE=ALL /passive /forcerestart
    echo WE ARE DONE!

You may need to add more uninstall codes depending your symantec version. Check a few workstations under c:\windows\installer and click through the shell links till you find the Symantec uninstall files.

3. Make sure you have those 2 files in a network share, then all that is left is to add the following to your logon.bat:

copy "\\<path to file>\SymantecUnlock.reg" "%TEMP%"
    copy "\\<path to file>\SymantecRemoval.bat" "%TEMP%"
    call %TEMP%\SymantecRemoval.bat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.