NOD32 installation killed ISA 2006

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TobyG, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TobyG

TobyG Registered Member

Hi,

Am in the process of rolling out the NOD32 client to my servers and workstations, however when I came to deploy it to the ISA 2006 box, it promptly killed it.

As soon as the client installed, I was unable to access the Internet from any client. Checking on the server, I found I couldn't access the Internet via IE, but could still ping Internet servers from a command prompt. I decided to reboot and see what difference that made.

After the reboot, I found the server had lost all connectivity with the rest of the network, so at this point I uninstalled NOD32 and all was fine once more.

Is NOD32 incompatible with ISA Server?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have ISA server / client executables excluded from content filtering? See this KB article. If you have v. 4.2 installed, add the file to the exclusion list under Web access protection -> Protocol filtering -> Excluded applications.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  3. TobyG

TobyG Registered Member

Thanks for that, I'll give it another try tomorrow when there aren't people around to shout at me when the Internet dies :)

4. TobyG

TobyG Registered Member

Ok well I got round to re-attempting the installation but it failed, saying it couldn't write to a registry key. I cancelled and found an old ESET registry key which I couldn't remove or add any new values to. All permissions were fine so I presumed it had somehow corrupted the registry in some way. I ended up restoring a system state backup from the night before the original install attempt which has obviously restored the registry to a state before any ESET keys were created.

I'm now somewhat reluctant to re-attempt the install as I'm rather concerned as to what happened here and how the the registry became corrupted in this way. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm aware that ISA server does some weird things with the networking stacks in Windows so I'm worried that NOD32 isn't "playing nice" with this.

5. Manu7204

Manu7204 Registered Member

You mean an error like in the attachment?
    It seems to happen to me more often than i want it. Sometimes all it takes is a restart to get out of it... sometimes it doesn't.

Regarding running NOD on ISA Servers, I abandoned the idea and I'm using a product from another vendor on my ISA Servers.

Attached Files:

6. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

I had this problem with ISA 2006. I fixed it by:
    Setup
    Enter entire advanced setup tree
    Under Web access protection -> HTTP,HTTPS -> uncheck Enable HTTP checking
    Under Web access protection -> uncheck enable web access protection

You don't really need to scan here because you are scanning on the clients themselves.

HTH,
    -John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.