NOD32 installation hangs at the last step

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Netaffairs, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netaffairs

Netaffairs Registered Member

Hello,

When i want to install a fresh copy of NOD32 the installation hangs at the last step. I get the window "one moment please" and after 5 minutes i have to stop the proces because it isn't responding. I tried the nod32 removal tool and i checked for other antivirus applications. It is a payed version of nod32.

What can i do more?

Hope you can help me out.

Kind Regards

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest using Process monitor from Microsoft, filtering out ekrn.exe process and monitor what operations are being performed during installation and whether the installation process has actually stalled.

3. Netaffairs

Hello Marcus,

The process ekrn.exe isn't starting. I filtered on setup.exe and i see a lot. Where can i look for?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Ouch, sorry. Of course, you should filter out setup.exe when the problem concerns installation.

I'd suggest that you enable scrolling (should be by default), run the installer and watch the PM window to see if some file operations are performed by setup.exe when the installation process seems to have stalled.

5. Netaffairs

I see a lot of SUCCES, NO MORE FILES. I attached a text file with the list of the processes(its a part of the list because the complete list is 2MB).

Hope you can take a look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.