NOD32 IMON Winsock LSP DLLs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by seamaiden, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

Let me clear up this issue about NOD32 and the status of the Winsock LSPs for IMON. My X-Cleaner post here touched on it, but let me show you screenshots so you can better understand. I want to know if my NOD32 LSPs are damaged or broken or if they are okay. If they are okay, is it just that these other programs do not correctly recognize them or that these LSPs are "protected" by design?

1. Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

There are no green check marks next to IMON's LSPs. What does that mean?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  2. seamaiden

2. Microsoft Antispyware 1.0 Beta (build 613)

There are question marks next to IMON's LSPs indicating that they are "broken." Are they broken?

Attached Files:

3. seamaiden

3. X-Cleaner Free 2005 (build 38527)

X-Cleaner prompts me that my LSPs are damaged and need repair. It does so on every Windows startup and every time I run the program, even though I have unchecked "verify/fix network Layered Service Provider settings."

Those LSPs belong to IMON. If I proceed with the repair, then IMON is grayed out and not enabled. I have to manually enable it and let it register its LSPs again. At the next reboot, X-Cleaner again detects a problem with my LSPs and offers to repair it. Obviously, I can't let it do the repair.

Do not let X-Cleaner "repair" your Winsock LSPs if NOD32 is installed. The two programs are not compatible together in that respect. If X-Cleaner "repairs" them, then IMON will be grayed out and you will need to re-register its LSPs. On the next reboot, X-Cleaner will "think" the LSPs are "damaged" again and will offer to "repair" them. Always deny this. The only exception is if you really do need to "repair" your LSPs because you have lost network access, internet access, or both. Other LSP repair utilities are LSPfix, WinsockFix, and Winsock XP Fix. You will need to re-register IMON again after using such utilities.

More information in my previous post here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  4. seamaiden

4. Ad-Aware SE Professional 1.06 - LSP Explorer Tool

Ad-Aware has the most detail about NOD32's LSPs than the three previous programs.

Attached Files:

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

"NOD32 protected" shows in those screenshots. Someone from Eset will have to explain that. It looks to me NOD won't allow access to that dll.
    At one time, Hijack This reported imon.dll as missing. This was eventually fixed in the Hijack This program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.