NOD32 IMON HTTP having problems with Firefox 1.5 Beta

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by RejZoR, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I noticed something weird in Firefox 1.5 RC1 (Build 2005102519). When IMON HTTP detects some malware and i click Terminate i get warning from Firefox that partfiles are missing and blablabla. I tried both, Compatible and Efficiency modes and i got the same results most of the time. Firefox 1.0.x never had such problems.
    End result is that downloading is most probably really terminated but files still remain in FF primary download location...

Other thing i noticed is that KAV2006 Beta which i'm beta testing at the moment doesn't appear to have these problems in FF 1.5.

So my advice is that you check IMON HTTP part before Firefox 1.5 is officially launched or talk to Mozilla devs on how to fix this or how to make a workaround.

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Strange, I'm using Mozilla 1.5 in Spanish and IMON works very well in both mode.
    I'm running XP Pro Spanish SP2.

3. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

If you are using the same Firefox profile from 1.0.x with 1.5rc1, this could be the problem (profile architecture has changed somewhat). I suggest you create a new Firefox profile with a unique name and see if the problem persists in it. Don't yet delete your current profile.

Close Firefox and end tasks of any Firefox processes still running via Ctrl+Shift+Esc > processes tab or ctrl+alt+del if using Win9X.

Create a new profile

Don't choose a profile folder, let the profile manager put the new profile in the default location!

Restoring your browsing data

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I tracked down the problem to some extension.
    But when i tried without extensions NOD32 first gives a terminate option and after you terminate it will show warning for file on disk. WHat happens with terminate thingie if it founds the file again on the disk?

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Tested on www.nod32.com/eicar.com with FF 1.5. Works perfectly! ;)

The connection is terminated and I recieve this in FF:
    "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Try with some bigger file that contains some threat...

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Here's the proof, RejZor. I've tried on another infected website and works also perfectly. Dunno exactly the size of the malware but it works. ;)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.