Nod32 going HAYWIRE

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by don_piano, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don_piano

don_piano Registered Member

I have a bought and paid for licsense that I run on my two home computers. The main one I use for gaming, surfing, and what not - and it runs fine. Have been for years. The other has been running fine for years too.

It is running the same nod32 (now 2.5xxsomething) with auto update.
    That computer is not used as a user-computer - it acts as a server. I have my music on it, my movies, and so on. - All these files I stream from one to the other.

Today I come home from work and see the latter computer infected with TANGET.A virus. Nod32 is throwing A BUNCH of .exe files into quarantine. I am still clicking "close" to get to the end of it - its been hundreds of files so far.

thing is - I scan over the network, with my updated nod32 from this computer - and it can't find a thing. No virus it says. - Meanwhile the other computer is putting all my files into quarantine. Im afraid that if I keep clicking "close" (from the warning menu) I will in the end lose my remote file (I use remote anywhere) because I have no screen, keyboard or mouse on the other.

I will be able to hook it up of course, but I was wondering ..

What the hell is going on?

If one nod32 finds the virus, but not the other .. que pasa?

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

You don't by chance happen to have the port for "Remote Anywhere" (?) open on your router/firewall, do you? No file sharing software that might be accessible from outside your network? Are the EXE files known, or are they perhaps randomly or oddly named? Maybe the Tanget.A (couldn't easily find anything about that particular name) is trying to CREATE a bunch of EXEs, and NOD's just doing what it's supposed to do by killing them as fast as they're being created?

Jack

3. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

I'd kill all network and internet access to it asap, then reboot into safe mode and run a scan..........see what you find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.