NOD32 garbling taskbar after EVERY reboot

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duuuuuuuude, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duuuuuuuude

duuuuuuuude Guest

Hi folks,

this is really annoying and does not happen until I install NOD32 2.50.25. I'm running on a TC1100 with XP Tablet edition and bought NOD32 as it proved to be the least resource hungry AV app. Now everytime I reboot it turns the arrangement of my taskbar to garbage.

Clues anyone?

Thanks in advance
    Markus

2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Can you post somehow a screenshot how this looks like?

3. duuuuuuuude

duuuuuuuude Registered Member

Sorry, thought I'd get around registering to yet another forum :rolleyes:

Here's the screenshot. Usually I have the running tasks in the upper line, and the quicklaunch stuff in the lower line. Now you see the tablet's virtual keyboard icon taking up all space and QuickLaunch even has it's title turned on, which usually is not...

I have rebooted several times with NOD32 installed and without NOD32 being installed, and isolated it as the single source of the problem...

Thanks for that quick reply...

Attached Files:

4. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Meinst Du die Quick Launch icons oder die System Tray Icons?
    Weil ich habe es auch auf einer Tablet XP Version laufen, dort habe ich komischerweise nicht diesen Effekt. (Allerdings eine englische Version)

Hast Du es mal probiert die Taskleiste zu "locken" ?

5. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

Can you please post/translate your answer to english for those of us who don't speak German?

I think you asked about the taskbar items being "locked"o_O

6. duuuuuuuude

>Are you talkin' 'bout the QuickLaunch icons or the system tray icons?

This is not restricted to the QuickLaunch toolbar but the position and settings of about any toolbar docked in the taskbar are affected.

I am actually running the Multilanguage User Interface (MUI) version of Tablet XP.

>Did you ever try to lock the taskbar?
    Yes, but toolbars will still be garbled. *sigh*

Lät's kiip sis sread in inglisch länguitsch ;)

7. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

Are you sure it is Nod and not just the fact it has a taskbar icon? It looks like you just have too many icons for the space you allowed. Did you try to re-arrange with the icon present and see if it remained set?

8. duuuuuuuude

After toying around with IMON, AMON, EMON by turning them off and then back on after every reboot, my Taskbar keeps its layout for 48h now.

Thanks for your input!

BTW you cannot have "too many icons" anywhere on the taskbar, you'll always reach those that are not visible due to lack of space by drop down boxes (or whatever that UI element is called)

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Here are a couple of articles from Microsoft that describe problems with the taskbar in WinXP Tablet. Hotfixes are available from Microsoft, but you must contact them yourself. The fixes are not available for general download yet. One of the possible workarounds mentioned is to disable Hyperthreading in the BIOS.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823112
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825033

Whatever it is causing it, it is probably a bug in Windows, and it just so happens that NOD32 is triggering the bug.

10. duuuuuuuude

Sorry, for not checking MSKB first - however these two articles don't seem to exactly apply. Thanks anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.