NOD32 Full Version: What in the world is this?!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Nevermore, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevermore

Nevermore Registered Member

I have NOD32 Full Version bought and paid for. However, after so many days it starts saying my trial version has expired. When I investigate I see that it has reverted back to the trial version. I click the Full Version button and it downloads updates and restores the full version. What is going on with this??!

I must point out that NOD32 never allowed me to input my user name and password.o_O

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

3. Nevermore

OK. When I click the Full Version button I get this:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Emperorofthemind/IGetThis.jpg

Meanwhile, I followed the procedure that you gave me as best I could. When I went to the update set-up settings I see that my user name and password are already in there. I guess it downloads it from the ESET website instead of asking me for them. However, that doesn't explain why it keeps reverting back to the trial version.

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I've never "upgraded" from a trial version to a full/registered version, but what happens if you click the "Enter license details" button?

And then after it, you can click the Update module in NOD32's control center, and check the setup there for user name and password, and if it isn't there, enter it?

EDIT: On 2nd thought, this is probably what you've already tried and done... Perhaps there's a small glitch with your install? Try downloading the commercial version of the product instead, and remove the trial version (important) and install the commercial version.

5. Nevermore

I did download the commercial version, but I did install it over the trial version, because they said with the new version it was not neccessary to uninstall the trial version.

Perhaps they haven't got all the bugs removed from that idea? Anyway, everytime I click the Full Version button it restores the full version of the product.

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I guess you either stick to "upgrading" from the trial version (without installing the commercial version over the trial, only from the trial version), or you remove the trial and install the commercial version. Anyway, that's how I've understood it.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No . It's said you don't need to remove the trial verion but not to install the full over the trial . Simply in the trial you can choose Full version and auto convert to full paid version.

I recommend you reinstall to fix this , there is no other way .
    1. Download a fresh copy of NOD32 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Full paid version

2. Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3. Reboot

4. Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5. Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6. Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7. Configure NOD32 as shown here

8. Enjoy ! :thumb:

8. Nevermore

OK. It is done. Only time will tell if this solves the problem. If you don't see me post into this topic again then that is good news.

I think what caused the problem was I didn't put in the user name and password when installing it the first time. I think I clicked will put it in later. However, it never gave me the oportunity to do it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.