Nod32 Ftp issues

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reflux, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflux

reflux Registered Member

I have just rolled out NOD32 into a corporate environment and have come across a problem where NOD32 will not allow an ftp program to transfer files. They can list and download but not upload. The program is the builtin FTP for TTWIN called ttftp.exe.

I have tried to exclude the directory structure from AMON but it still fails to transfer the file. If I uninstall NOD32 it works fine.

I cannot see any information under IMON for ftp..

Any help would be appreciated......

Cheers

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Try going to IMON --> Miscellaneous --> Exclusion --> Edit and add an exclusion for the C:\Program Files\Turbosoft\TTWin3\Bin32\ttftp.exe executable.

As for why this is happening, I am not sure. Perhaps it has something to do with an active mode/passive mode transfer issue, and IMON is interfering with this somehow. Since I have not used this software, that is just a guess.

3. reflux

reflux Registered Member

Does Imon even monitor FTP?

I can see a port reference for it anywhere....

Edit: Something else I found to be interesting is that the program works perfectly under Windows XP just not under Windows 2000.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  4. alglove

No, it does not monitor FTP. I was thinking that it could be interfering unintentionally, though.

Interesting about the WinXP vs. Win2k. I may have to download a demo copy of the program to check for myself.

5. alglove

Hi, reflux. I downloaded a demo copy of TTWin3 and installed it on my Windows 2000 computer. Sure enough, I ran into the same exact problem you described. However, by adding the following two IMON exclusions...

C:\Program Files\Turbosoft\TTWin3\Bin32\ttftp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Turbosoft\TTWin3\Bin32\ttwin3.exe

...I was able to upload files without any problems! Give it a try and see how it goes for you.

By the way, by excluding those two files, it is not like you are opening yourself up all that much. As you have stated, IMON does not check FTP traffic, nor does it check TELNET, for that matter. Unless you are the type of person who normally telnets into his POP3 server to retrieve e-mail manually, none of the traffic normally produced by these two programs would have been scanned by IMON, anyway. ;)

6. reflux

reflux Registered Member

Cheers

I will give it a go.

Update: Thanks for that, solved my problem.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.