NOD32 Finds Comodo's CFP.exe a Threat...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SuperFlyBoy, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Registered Member

When attempting to install the latest Comodo download on one of our laptops, NOD32 finds that cfp.exe is a trojan! :eek:

In any case, it quarantines it and we cannot install Comodo firewall.

Eset still hasn't responded to the message sent from NOD32 - fail to understand why.

I see that earlier versions of Comodo's cfp.exe were detected also by NOD32 in 2008 from other posts here and in other forums...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Don't know what version of the file you actually scanned and what signature db was used but here the file is not detected whatsoever and no FP has been reported on Comodo either:
    C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe - is OK

I'd suggest checking the file at VirusTotal first. Should it be detected, submit your version per the instructions here.

3. SuperFlyBoy

I attempted install twice, when installing the program (after extracting) it detected cfp.exe as trojan.

Now trying to download again, and attempt another install.

4. MinDokan

MinDokan Registered Member

I have to ask because I have COMODO Firewall 5.3.176757.1236 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.67.10 and no problems found so far.
    What versions are you using? In what order you installed?

Best Regards. MinDokan.

5. SuperFlyBoy

Well, I think all is well now that Eset updated their AV definitions! ;)

Just FWIW, I had NOD32 (also 4.2.67.10) installed first and then had to uninstall the old version of Comodo firewall and then reinstall the new one, after which, the *.exe file was detected during installation and quarantined... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.