Nod32 finding a virus and doing nothing about it ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Defiant1337, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defiant1337

Defiant1337 Registered Member

Yes it's found a virus but does nothing about it. It gives me no options so I can't get rid of it

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5753/nod32virusvj3.jpg

nod32virusvj3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because it is a zip file - archive. NOD32 cannot take action against this because it is packed and harmless until unzipped and run ,by the way .

Download v3 of EAV from www.eset.com/download or adjust your settings this way if you want automatic action

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It can't do anything in a zip file. You'll have to manually delete it.

4. Defiant1337

Defiant1337 Registered Member

That's the problem I can't see it o_O I took all the hide features off (yes I know how to do that) but still nothing shows in the fonts folder :(

Oh nearly forget their was a virus related to this but I had to get rid of that via regedit because Nod32 wouldn't do anything. It was a crack.exe in the same folder

5. Brian N

Actually I almost forgot. If you setup NOD32 to automatically delete infected archives you don't have to delete it manually. Just be sure to enable 'copy to quarantine' if there's anything important in there you wish to save.

You can always switch back later as automatic mode is extremely dangerous to any system.

6. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

From which NOD version is this screenshot? I doesn't look at all like the screens I get when using on-demand scanning (2.70.32).

7. Brian N

Screenshot is from 2.x , I have no idea why yours would look any different.
    Maybe you can post a screen and show us ;)

8. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

For one thing I don't see the CRC checking of NOD32.exe in my screen and the 'Scanning memory' notation isn't there (I have this option checked in my settings though).

EDIT: Never mind. It seems I have to rub the sand out of my eyes...-:) The only thing I don't see is the 'Scanning memory' notation, but perhaps that's not a big deal.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.