NOd32 fails again to delete a virus even in safe mode.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beatnik, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatnik

beatnik Registered Member

File C:\Documents and Settings\Nikos\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DL6RSD2Z\0006_cracks[1].cab is infected with trojan Win32/TrojanDownloader.IstBar.NAD. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration.

Nod32 couldnt clean this virus in normalm mode neither in safe mode.
    It only gives me the choice of "leave" in both cases.

Whats good in an AV if it tells you it found a virus but its unable to delete it...

And why did it let it pass anyway?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are you using the latest version 2.12.2?

Delete your TEMP files by doing the following: open up Internet Explorer> Tools> Internet Options> General TAB> Temporary Internet Files> Delete Files> Delete All Offline Content.

Reboot into Safe Mode and run a further scan.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I think this "trojan" is actually adware that is difficult to remove. Give Spybot or Adaware a try also.

4. beatnik

beatnik Registered Member

Actually, i did what BlackSpear said and immediately after a run a new normal scan, but no virus found this time.

That's glad to know but i wonder why Nod32 couldnt delete the virus by itself (without my manually interference) as well as how it did get infected. Why IMON didnt protect it? i use 2.12.2

Temporary files are not a protected area as system restore area is. It should have been aable to delete it.

5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Do you have the IMON HTTP scanner enabled? Or did you get a warning from the HTTP scanner and maybe didn't click "Terminate"?

Checking a machine used by a bunch of teenages, (which is a bit of a honey pot for that sort of stuff:) ), the IMON HTTP scanner did detect that trogan on this end and they selected "Terminate" which stopped if from downloading.

Time Module Object Name Virus Action User Info
    8/28/2004 2:16:36 AM IMON archive ( edit - removed URL) Win32/TrojanDownloader.IstBar.NAD trojan connection terminated

6. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Still downloading cracks? The folks in acv didn't get the message across to you, did they? :D

7. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

That depends on how you have your actions tab set up for archives. i.e If you have it prompt for action and you do not have it set for infection found, clean if possible or delete if not, then it will not work as you intend. Take a look at your actions tab and please tell us what settings you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.