NOD32.exe and CPU load

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Niko, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niko

Niko Registered Member

Hello,

I've just updated my NOD32 to 2.70.26 French version.

Something goes wrong now. I've a process named NOD32.exe running permanently and using high CPU load. (not less than 75 %) on an Athlon 2400+ 1.3Go RAM computer.

Whith 2.5 version nod32.exe was only running while nod32 whas scanning the HD and CPU load wasn't higher tha 25 %

My computer is now unconfortable.

What can I do ? Should I reinstall 2.5 version ?

Niko

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32.exe ? Should be the on-demand scanner . Is it from C:\Program files\ESET ?

Have you configured a scheduled scan ?

Have you restarted the machine ?

3. Niko

Niko Registered Member

Yes, sorry. I just anderstand What happend

several scheduled scan had been planned

- 2 start at opening of the session,
    - 1 at a specific time
    - 1 after new virus signatures update

All scans starts at the same time. Too much !

I think that nod32 default scheduled task have been added to those I have defined in the XML config file of the mirror server

Is it possible to force NOD to remove those default scheduled tasks when a config file is applied ?

Is it possible to change scan priority to a lower level, to let the user to do what he needs of his computer even if a scan is already started ?

Thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

2 start at opening the session with you (one is on my PC)
    I have no specific time scan . Just go to scheduler and uncheck and then delete the unwanted one (not the default scans)

Yes , just configure what you want in the Configuration editor and push the file to the Mirror .

I am not sure . You can turn nod32.exe to Low priority via the Task Manager but not sure if this would help .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.