NOD32 Evaluation help please!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JemW, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a NAV2003 user thinking of dumping my resource 'munching' AV program and trying NOD.

Is it possible to eval NOD using up to date virus definitions and / or can I manually update it without purchasing a license at this stage? Clearly I want to eval NOD properly and I know that I cannot have NAV installed concurrently. However, I don't want to expose myself to any nasties lurking at my door.....

Thanks Guys,
    Jem

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

G'day mate, you can download the "Trial Version" from www.nod32.com it is fully functional for 30 days after which, you will be required to purchase a license or remove the program, it stops updating after 30 days...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Thanks for that.

Only thing is, when you install NOD it asks for a username / password to activate autoupdating. Where do I get that from? It seems to suggest that no updating will take place otherwise....

4. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I ran NOD32's 30 day evaluation version. This is how I did it. Maybe some of the people who are more familiar with NOD32 have a better way, but this worked for me.

During the set up, when you get to the box that asks for your username and password, just put a check in the box "Setup Parameters Later". Not sure if that is the correct wording, but it's close. That worked for me. Got all the updates automatically. Hope that helps.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Probably you mean the installation screen when you are prompted for a user/pass even though it is a trial version. Please tick the Set update parameters later check-box and continue the installation. The following trial version will skip this screen to avoid confusing the user.

6. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Thanks guys - I'll give it a whirl then...

Jem :)

7. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

no i think he means when you download nod off the site it asks for a username and password then.
    But i think there is a trial version d/l that doesnt ask.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.