NOD32 EE remote config issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duijv023, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Hi guys,

situation is this:
    one desktop PC (XPpro, SP2) has a folder on the desktop, that I want to exclude from AMON. Reason: It is a toolbox from a technician that contains passwordtools e.g. One of the tools keeps AMON busy, everytime the desktop is loaded / renewed in windows.

What did I DO:
    - I opened the RAC (v1.0.9) and requested that user's config
    - waited until the requested config should be in RAS
    - After that I pressed: VIEW cofiguration
    - there, I wanted to add an exclusion in AMON by using the config editor.
    - I pressed the button CHANGE on the right side of the screen, a window opened, but all buttons were disabeled expet for one: CANCEL

OK, I can walk to this PC, but I am a lazy administrator :D so I would like not to walk when I do not have to

Further on do I have the idea that this lilttle game of request, edit and apply configurations, does not always work properly

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I would create a brand new config file, using the Configuration utility (or open your current config for your whole network..and update it)...save it..naming it accordingly so you know that this config is for...then push this config to the client.

3. ZiGz

ZiGz Registered Member

Can you explain a little more on pushing down the new Config. I created a new Config.XML file at the RAS using the Mirror option Added the New Config to the Mirror, Updated the Mirror, did an Update at the Client and it didnt pick up a new config.

Does a new Virus Definations have to come out before the clients will actually obtain new info from Mirror? is there a way to change this with update.ver or something?

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Configs...using the Configuration Editor tool...you create a config..yes, the .xml file. Name that special config unique...so you know what it refers to. For example...I'll create configs for the LAN workstations....which pull their updates from the mirror via http. What you want to do is pay attention to what you name this config file, and where you saved it.

Then, in the RAC, the main view...right click that workstation==>New Task==>Configuration Task==>and select the config file.

The client will get it shoved in on the next heartbeat update..or you can right click...and "Update Now"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.