NOD32 doesn't like Spysweeper

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by porty, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porty

porty Registered Member

Just rebuilt my XPP system. Used AVG as a temp antivirus while I reinstalled all the apps then dumped it and reinstalled my NOD32.

On it's first boot it reported finding:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe - probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus"

Anyone run across this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please make sure that you are actually using the most current version 1.1368

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I agree with NOD32. Imo ss is less than worthless. Thanks NOD32 I'm with ya buddy.:cool:

4. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks, Marcos. Actually, NOD was probably not completely up-to-date when it was first installed, as it wasn't updated until it rebooted. Now it's got version 1.1368 installed and it's made no more grumbles. Must have been a false positive.

zapjb, I have to disagree with you about Spysweeper. In my opinion, it's the best anti-spyware currently available, bar none, and I'm recommending it to all my computer clients.

As a working computer tech, I'd been running just about every anti-spy prog I could get my hands on up until a couple of months back, on my personal machine as well as my two workshop machines. A-Squared, Ewido, Spyware Doctor, Microsoft\Giant, Spyware Blaster, Spybot, AdAware, Counterspy and Trojan Hunter. But, for some reason, I didn't have Spysweeper.

Then I caught some bugs that weren't recognised or fixed by any of those progs. I posted on every forum I could think of, including this one, to see if anyone else had been infected, and if so, to see what had worked for them. No-one had anything to offer, except the usual HJT advice.

Know what? I installed Spysweeper and it fixed the problems instantly. (I liked it so much I even bought it! ;) )

I've been running it now for two months and it's never missed a beat. I've uninstalled all of the other stuff and reduced my clutter to zero.

So, I had to respond when you said 'Imo ss is less than worthless', because someone else might take notice of your 'Imo' and deprive themselves of some of the best protection going.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Relax it's just my opinion. From experience. Btw I run Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.:D

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    //nods head in agreement///

It's consistantly up top on various writeups/comparisons. Plus in my experiences in working on PCs for a living, it's very VERY effective in detecting, and removing, malware. A permanent fixture on my USB drive bag of tricks. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.