NOD32 doesn't detect Heur virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by slinky, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slinky

slinky Registered Member

I've got some problem on my machine and was fortunately able to get rid of one part of the problem using AVG and Avast. Unfortunately NOD32 doesn't detect it.

At times while I use the PC there is a file with a random number generated that is placed in the System32 folder and is a six digit number - 554343.exe or the like. AVG or Avast, whichever is running, will blurt out a warning stating it is a Win32/Heur attack. It will attempt to send out thousands of emails using my PC. NOD32 was not finding this file and I was having a problem. Unfortunately despite running NOD32, AVG and Avast, I still can't figure out how this file is being placed on my PC at random times while it's on.

A weirdness is that when my PC boots up, I see 2 My Documents folders opening up (and not with my default details but in a different view.) I looked at all the solutions and none of them work, e.g. WinLogon folder and delete extra items after the comma, go to msconfig and remove multiple items for startup of explorer or other such solutions. I'm wondering if this happening is related to one of those files.

Regardless, NOD32 has unfortunately been useless in helping me with the above issues.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello slinky,

What i would do in this case is post a log at one of the forums listed here.

If you should happen to have the file that is not being detected, submit it to ESET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.