NOD32 difficult install & non_OE as default

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by poogimmal, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

I had a really difficult time installing NOD32. I had had symantec corp edition 8.1 on w2k for over a year, which worked ok, until I installed Process Guard, they seemed disagreeable, so I uninstalled sav8.1 and nothing notable, and when I installed NOD32, it took about 6 reboots for it to start to smooth out. eg, IMON said that the network settings had changed but that IMON failed to update the necessary settings, it was downhill from there. NOW all seems well, and NOD32 scans very fast, and it caught a netsky.z trying to sneak in a zip file, so all's well that ends well (?) BUT question, Outlook / OE is NOT my default email client and NOD32 keeps popping up telling me there is either no default client (wrong?) or the default does not handle messaging correctly. how do I turn off that message without making OE default email client?

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

It's Outlook that displays that message when NOD32 attempts to use the MAPI-interface to scan. That means that you have Outlook installed but not using it. Consider uninstalling it.

If you want to disable MAPI-scanning, deselect it in the tab "Setup" of NOD32 Scanner (lower left corner).

Best regards,
    Anders

3. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.