NOD32 dies after a few weeks

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bob33, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob33

bob33 Registered Member

I install NOD32 and it worked well for a few weeks and then seemed to become "blocked". I see the splash screen at startup and then it dies. Any further attempt to start it via the start menu results in it starting for a fraction of a second and then disappearing. The first time this happened I reinstalled and that fixed it, but now it's happened again about a month later. Any ideas?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi bob33, welcome to Wilders.

Please provide some of your system spec's.

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Are you using the free trial version ?
    What I have made bold in your message makes me think you you use it because the trial version lasts only 30 days . When it has expired , your NOD32 doesn't start but you still see the splash screen . Give more information ... :thumb:

4. bob33

bob33 Registered Member

I have a purchased version and I have entered the password/username in correct place so that it automatically updates. I did previously have a trial version, but purchased/installed the full version when that ran out (about 2 months ago). When the demo version ran out it simply stopped updatng, whereas this time it seems to exit immediately after starting. My system is:

As for my system spec: Sony Notebook with pentium4-M, 1GB ram, win XP SP2. Not sure what other info I should provide. I am running fairly low on disk space, but still have quite a bit more than the software claims it needs.

5. M_Elsaqqa

M_Elsaqqa Registered Member

Hello
    Bob33, i think you must Uninstall your copy of NOD32 in the Safe Mode and then re install it with the true User name and password, this Inshaa Allah " God willing " will be positive solution.
    Your brother, Elsaqqa

6. bob33

bob33 Registered Member

why safe mode? This is effectively what I did the first time just not in safe mode.

7. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

This version of Nod32 has not been on your computer since before June of this year by any chance has it? If so, the trial version must be completely uninstalled first, the "upgrade to full version" solution had not been implemented before this time.

It does seem that the program needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled though.

[impersonating Blackspear]
    Could you please try the following:

Download a fresh copy of NOD32.

Uninstall your current version and reboot

Remove the Eset folder from C Drive> Program Files

Install the fresh copy of NOD32 that you downloaded above using "Typical" settings when asked.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers
    [/impersonating Blackspear]

:)

8. M_Elsaqqa

Hi Lollan,
    i mean that bob33 do that exactly.
    Bob33, Safe mode because the ability to Uninstallation and the removation of the ESET folder from C:\Program files directory and then Restart your PC.
    Lollan the copy of bob33 is not Trial, he told us that he purchored it and so it is Full version of NOD 32 system.

please bob33 try my opinion if it possible to you and Inshaa Allah it well help you.

Your brother, El-Saqqa

Note: Sorry for my english.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2006
  9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

lol - if only you could safely draw this conclusion...

in my experience, just because someone has paid doesn't mean they have the right installer.

Until only a short while ago, a user had to UNINSTALL the trial, then REINSTALL the full version, which they could download with their new username and password (the same one they could obtain updates with).

Since the version 2.51.30 of the trial, it has been possible to "convert" the trial into the full version - but that is ONLY possible if that version of the trial is installed. This was one of the biggest improvements (in my opinion) throughout 2006 - at least so far).

hth

Greg

10. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

That, and the new RAS/RAC version ;)

What you say is true though - always best not to assume anything.

Cheers :)

11. M_Elsaqqa

:oops: :oops: :oops:

12. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

It does not mean he already has the full verion installed properly on his computer.
    Some times with the previous trial version people would just enter the username and password instead of un-installing first the trial and the installing the full version. This would be cause of the problem usually, but I think that what you were already saying M_Elsaqqa, to un-install and then re-install should certainly fix the problem. I think it is a good suggestion that you have made.
    bob33 just needs to make sure that he actually has the proper full version to use for his re-install. and the best way to do that is to download a fresh copy.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.