nod32 didnt pick it up

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jpeltier3, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpeltier3

jpeltier3 Registered Member

I keep getting antivirius system pro alert with threat: BankerFox.A or win32/nugel.e. there is a little shield now that is by the date/time. I think it came from myspace. but slowly i cant open more and more things and i dont need my 3yr old seeing blonds spead eagle on the screen. Please let me know why it got passed nod32 and did i waste my money

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Clean it up with Malwarebytes, Microsoft Security Essentials, and SuperAntiSpyware.

3. jpeltier3

how do i go about that? and why did it get by

4. YeOldeStonecat

MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware are 2 of the best malware removal tools, they're both free. Download from your favorite trusted download site...I often use Snapfiles.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a recently released FREE antivirus by Microsoft, free for home users. It's very very effective in cleaning up these rogue/fake alert bugs which are rampant over the past year.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Based on the wide numbers of these rogues/fake alerts slipping past Eset that I've seen at my clients..it's having hard time keeping up with them.

MSE and Malwarebytes are building a great track record of keeping up with them and cleaning them up well.

With MSE, naturally heed to the rule of not having 2x AV products installed at the same time.

5. jpeltier3

for the microsoft one it wants me to remove all others such as nod32. and i assume they will all want that from each other. should i just run it with nod anyway or remove it then run mic.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. jpeltier3

you would have to walk me through that, i mean i could figure it out but you gotta explain how. I started that malwarebytes scan but stopped it win i saw your post. Thanks

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. jpeltier3

i didnt do that scan because i deleted what that malbtyes scan picked up and restarted my computer, adn the little shield is gone and i havent had any problems since so it looks like its gone. however if you still want me to do the scan i will.

10. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

11. YeOldeStonecat

Yeah MWBytes does a great job. I had 2 users infected with this variant last week, and yet another call yesterday for it.

12. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I've seen this time & time again. Eset sitting there complaining about a virus, or just ignoring it while a free download of Malwarebytes sorts it out. I really see no purpose with Eset any more, other than to slow down your computer.

13. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

This is not just a virus or malware infestation, it is an OS completely hijacked ! An AV app can be expected to accomplish only so much, the rest is the responsibility, ultimitely, of the person behind the keyboard.

Removal Guide already Offered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.