NOD32 delays the opening of doc/xls files from the internet?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marco_CH, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

hiya

i have a little problem and i dont know if NOD32 is responsible for that. im using vista and IE7 and on my university server is an area with lots of doc/xls/pdf/ppt files. when i try to open the documents directly from the browser, this takes an awful long time until the according program opens to show me the document. with long i mean about 30 seconds even if the files are only a few kb's.

this happens with doc/xls/ppt but not with pdf files. they open nearly instantly.

i tried to disable nod32 but im not sure, if this has the same effect as having it not on the computer at all.

plz see the attached screenshot.

any ideas? might nod32 be part of the problem or is it vista&IE?

Attached Files:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

MS Office 2007 ?

I use it on XP and I have the same issue but I don't think NOD is responsible to this . It is just the fact that Office 2007 is heavy on resourses compared to previous MS Office versions .

You can also try to disable DMON from Control Center by pressing the Quit(Unload DMON) button and then restart . Since you also mention server , don't forget that IMON must be permanently disabled on servers

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have no idea what the problem might be, but I upgraded from office 2003 to 2007, and I don't see it any heavier on resources. I wouldn't chaulk it up to that so quickly.

4. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

office 2007, which i use yes, cananot be the source of the problem. opening those files using firefox open instantly. no problems at all.

thats why im also tempted to exclude nod32 from the problem. i hear from others tho that they can open them quicker, using ie7 & office 2007 but they dont have nod32.

tahts why i think maybe there is some little problem with ie7 & nod32 in the handlig of doc/xls/ppt files? its not an impossible thought i guess and maybe worth to analyze a bit more...

UPDATE: i mentioned servers, sorry, its not that im logged on to a server. its just a web platform with links etc where i can download the files. a regular website only, like a forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.