NOD32 creates mass lag in games

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sanosen, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanosen

Sanosen Registered Member

hey, i just previously uninstalled/installed nod32 due to the matter of me getting huge amounts of lag non strop during gameplay, i ask others if theyre experiencing such lag and its a negative

i searched here and there for solutions but it didnt work as well as i had hoped, i even looked at the faqs on this site but didnt really try the commands for winsock on prompt nor did i follow up on imon that well cos im not sure if im hurting my comp or the software, i tried winsock repair fix and it didnt work

before i installed nod32 i had norton06 and it didnt affect anything i played, i removed it and installed nod32 and its interfereing with my gameplay

can someone help me please, cos ive been playing with lag for the pass 5 days and getting pwned by noobs and its embarrassingly not fun at all with the mass dcs and whatnot

PLEASE SOMEONE, ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM!!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Have you tried disabling IMON?

3. Sanosen

yeap, ive configure imon, results still laggy

ive disabled imon, results still laggy also

tried on another game, still laggy

why does imon hate my computer? or nod32 in general

windows xp pro sp2
    amd ahtlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3800+
    1gb ram
    nvidia geforce 7900gs

atm ive uninstalled nod32 cos i just cant seem to get it working smoothly and installed avg...
    please does someone have a solution cos i wanna use nod32 cos its the best av

EDIT: i have no idea why, but even avg is causing lag within gameplay... this **** is pissing me right off, why is it that norton06 upon using never gave me such a tremendous hard time?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    NOD32 is lighter than AVG and especially Norton. I'm a heavy player of online games...NOD32 is the only antivirus that I've NOT had to disable the real time protection to play games and not experience increased lag.

5. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Considering you are now having problems with AVG and lag, it seems that it may be an issue with your net connection. Connection quality can vary from day to day, and I find that sometimes, my connection drops entirely for no visible reason. Lag is a common thing in online games, and being a heavy BF2142 player, I know how frustrating lag can be ;)

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

make sure it isnt your net work connection first.
    then use the norton removal tools to remove norton 2006
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
    then reboot and fix the winsocket.
    lots of people complain about nod32 after they have used norton.
    this is because norton doesnt uninstall cleanly so when you install nod32 it conflicts with the remaindents of norton.
    after using the norton removal tool and repairing the winsocket nod32 should run great
    lodore

7. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

did u try to exclude the game binary from amon?

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

what game is this?

9. Sanosen

im still new at using nod32 so im not sure how to do that

EDIT: yeah, ok i just figured out how to do that, i excluded scanning of the folder

its a private server for helbreath, and also im playing rumble fighter
    i would understand if only hb would be an issue for me, but seeing as how ive also tried rf ive been lagging and no one else around me is affected

so atm right now, i got nod32 up again, its up to date and doesnt interfere with my net surfing, but on games it lags... i did a broadband check and yeah... internets ok, using av is just making my gaming lag... doesnt make sense to me at all

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you actually quit IMON by clicking the Quit button and restarted the computer?

11. Sanosen

^ yes i did

edit: didnt restart computer though, let me try that now

12. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

i had a separate partition just for my online games when i used to play. no av was installed, windows was in 16-bit color mode, many services were turned off, no sound card was even installed in my computer. the games graphics when downgraded as low as possible. my pc was really fast when online.

13. Sanosen

ok ive disbaled imon and restarted and still lagging, i mixed and match exluding folders in amon and imon and still no luck, now im just gonna uninstall my games and reinstall them

im totally frustrated at this point, its not the av, it cant be my connection, and im certain its not my computer... what the hell could this problem be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.