NOD32 CRC infected...what to do?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pbrander, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbrander

pbrander Registered Member

I've tried to search for info on this in the forum but to no avail...

My system has been infected by the Win32/Parite.B virus and whenever starting NOD32, the program informs me that it has also been corrupted by the virus.

I'm wondering how I can solve this problem as it seems as though NOD32 can clean files infected with this virus, but it can't clean itself??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Phil

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    since this virus infects NOD32 executables as well, please download and use the DOS version of NOD32 for cleaning the infected files.

3. testg

testg Guest

Yes but will the DOS version see NTFS partitions? Or is this an NTFSDOS? ala wininternals.?

Also I thought that Nod32 will download itself anew if it was corrupted or infected...I guess I was wrong :( A coolfeature to add but I guess useless if it's an exe infector then it will infect the new AV as soon as it begins to install.

I am lucky though, I have wininternals 2003 so all I do is boot of the the wininternals cd-rom, popin the cd with the nod32 folder (with the latest definitions) and scan it from wininternals WinXP shell where no virus can actually infect the system since windows is being emulated. Unfortunatelly this does not come cheap, the packadge price is ~$700 but it saved my butt sooo many times it's not even funny, and not only virally, but many times when windows just won't boot no matter what.

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

You should be able to use the DOS version in Windows, just so the scanner itself won't be infected. However, afaik, there should be no problem in cleaning the infection with the Windows version.. I'll see if I can find the time to test it with Parite.B.

Best regards,
    Anders

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If you are still having trouble, you can "Slave" your HDD of a clean virus free system that uses Nod32 and then have that system scan your drive. It's a method we use very regularly with great success.

Cheers :D

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a question. I don't have a problem but was wondering, how to download and use the DOS version of NOD ?

7. whyme2

whyme2 Guest

This virus is rather easy to clean, download free tool from here. Bottom of page.

http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/virusinfo.php?menu_id=1&v_id=137#

8. pbrander

pbrander Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies. I've now solved the problem and all is good again.

Cheers,
    Phil

9. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello pbrander

Can you assist us just a bit? Can you tell us which settings you used for NOD32 at the time of infection?
    Also can you tell us which version it is and the signature base number? Lastly, Can you tell us how long prior to the infection you did a complete, deep and thorough scan of your whole computer using NOD32?

It would help us tremendously. Thank you and best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.