NOD32 crashes when viewing logs

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pertech, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pertech

Pertech Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having an issue when viewing on-demand scan logs using NOD32 3.0.672.0 Business Edition. I have it installed on a machine running Windows 2003 Server, and another running Windows 2000 Server.

When viewing details of any "On-demand computer scan" from Log Files, by double-clicking an entry (Time, Scanned folder, Scanned, Infected, Cleaned Status) of the table, the window freezes, and I must kill egui.exe process, wait for a few minutes, and starts the GUI again.

Does anyone else experiment this problem? Please help.

Thanks.

2. Pertech

Pertech Registered Member

Ok... Seems no one can answer me.

The problems happens as soon as I try to see a deep scan analysis, and this is really annoying, since I need this information.

At least, can someone tell me how to decrypt .dat files in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Logs\eScan

So I can view my logs using a text editor?

Thanks.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yes I do, after I double click the log i assume you get a the same as me a blank white screen with no log info yet.This might sound stupid but it works for me after you double click the log do not move your mouse cursor or try to close out by X, let it sit a bit and see if it opens.

4. skinny51

skinny51 Registered Member

I have the same problem using NOD32 v3.0.672.0 for home users on a machine running XP Pro Service Pack 3. Any attempt to view the log of an on demand in-depth scan results in a hang of egui.exe with CPU usage for ekern.exe spiking to 100%. Windows recognizes the hang and offers the "End Program Now" option. After I choose to end, ekern.exe will remain at the 100% usage level for about a minute, then go back to 0%. I am then able to start egui.exe by going through the Start menu for NOD32.

From what I can see of the log, all info is there, it just hangs and won't let me scroll through the list of scanned objects without freezing.

The only way I have found to create a viewable log is to uncheck "Log all objects" under the set up options for an on demand computer scan. This option basically provides only a bare bones list, with the "error opening [4]" items comprising the bulk of the log. "Time, Scanned folder, Scanned, Infected, Cleaned, Status" remains the same either way.

Any suggestions?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Enabling the "Log all objects" is not recommended unless you need to debug an issue. Having all scanned files logged will also make it much more difficult to find out if a malicious file was detected.

6. skinny51

skinny51 Registered Member

Thanks for the info Marcos. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.